What better way to celebrate the days getting lighter and the return of the sun than making these fantastically festive window decorations? You can do this using some string, ribbon or fishing wire to hang and suspend some natural clay, beads, pinecones, herbs, spices and much more. You will need to gather the items you plan to suspend from your string, ribbon or wire and then follow these steps:
1) Measure how much length of your preferred hanging materials you will need and add approximately 2 to 3 inches as this will allow for any knots or loops you will be making to tie in your chosen festive decorations.
2) Make a loop at one end of the length, as this will allow you to hang it from a hook or nail when you are finished.
3) Lay the length down on a flat surface and start to play around with the decorations to see how you would like to arrange them. Try and leave nice spaces between each so that it doesn’t appear cluttered.
4) When you are happy with your arranged decorations, you can start to tie or glue them on (you could use a hot glue gun or any other strong glue).
5) Have a cuppa and wait for any glue to be completely dry.
6) You can now start to add your Christmas favourite essential oils to any pinecones, ribbons or cinnamon quills you may have used and you can top them up as often as you like!
7) For an extra bit of illumination and sparkle, you could add a crystal or glass cut bead or sun catcher at the bottom. This will help weigh it down and illuminate your home with rainbows when it catches the sunlight just right.
This is a really simple and fantastic idea to get those yule time feels when you’re on the road, whether you are going to work or visiting the family to spread some Christmas cheer.
1) As for the craft above, we suggest you pick either a pinecone or some cinnamon quills that you can attach to a decorative ribbon. You can then add some elastic to the ribbon to allow you to attach it to the rear view mirror.
2) As a final touch, you can add your favourite essential oils or fragrance oils making your car smell wonderfully seasonal.
Tags: celtic Christmas decorations naissance winter winter solstice