Essentially, a scrub is product that you use on your body to loosen dead skin cells and exfoliate and cleanse your skin thoroughly. Using a body scrub frequently can help your skin look bright, rejuvenated and super smooth. A body scrub usually has moisturising elements too so once it's been rinsed away, your skin will be moisturised and nourished. What's not to love!?
This recipe is for a 100% natural body scrub, definitely no microbeads here! We are using Dead Sea Salts and poppy seeds as the exfoliants, which are just rough enough to remove dead skin but won't cause any micro tears in the skin. So why not try making your own homemade body scrub and see the benefits of exfoliating for yourself?
• A mixing bowl
• Weighing scales
• A fork
• A spoon
• A jar to store your body scrub (this recipe will make approx. 200g of body scrub)
80g Organic Coconut Virgin Oil #203
8g Calendula Infused Oil #202
10g natural Vitamin E #807
20g Mango Butter #304
50g Dead Sea Salts #401
2g (approx. 40 drops) Grapefruit Essential Oil #115
5g Poppy Seeds (optional)
1. Place the Mango Butter, Coconut Oil, Natural Vitamin E and Calendula Oil in the mixing bowl.
2. Mash together with the fork until the ingredients combine to form a paste.
3. Add the Dead Sea Salts, Grapefruit Essential Oil and poppy seeds to the bowl and mix really well.
4. Transfer the mix to the jar and label.
5. You can keep you jar at room temperature or for a more solid consistency, store your jar in the fridge.
Scoop some scrub from the jar and rub into your skin in a circular motion to gently exfoliate. You can use your scrub in the bath or shower.
Wash off and pat dry with a towel.
Your skin will be left with a lightly oiled feeling. This will nourish and condition your skin leaving it feeling soft, smooth and moisturised.
And that's it. So why not give it a go and get scrubbing!
Tags: #DiscoveringBetter #DIYBeauty #Naissance #Organic #NaturalBeauty #Lovenaturallovenaissance #beauty #organicbeauty #beautyhacks #homemadecosmetics #purebeauty #greenbeauty #cleanbeauty #crueltyfree #vegan #vegancosmetics #veganfriendly #veganlifestyle #organic #diybodyscrub #organiccoconutoil #artsandcrafts #crafting #homemade #bodyscrubpoppyseedsandseasalt